Our Parents Club does many things for the school. We would not be where we are without them. I just want to recognize them for a moment here. On behalf of all of the parents as members of the HRS Parents Club, the officers made a donation of $4,800 to the HRS Centennial Campaign. This generous donation was made possible by parent support of the Centennial T-Shirt and Centennial Mug sales last fall. The Parent Club Officers were able to pay for the associated costs through the PC budget and donate nearly 100% of the proceeds to celebrate our school’s 100th birthday! They want to thank all the parents for making this possible.
We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
Kennedy Catholic will be hosting nationally recognized guest speaker, Toren Volkmann, in a presentation of the dangers of drugs and alcohol in a presentation entitled, Binge to Blackout, at 6:30PM on Monday, November 3rd. Toren will be talking to parents about how they can best protect their children and recognize the danger signs of addiction. Kennedy Catholic is extending an invitation to parents of Holy Rosary middle school students to this important presentation.
Binge to Blackout—Toren Volkman
Date: Monday, November 3, 2014 at 6:30pm
Place: Kennedy Catholic High School-Dillman Center
For more information on Toren, visit www.campuspeak.com/speakers/volkmann
Student-Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Nov. 24th-26th; Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The link for parents to sign up online will be posted in next Thursday’s eFC. (11/6) Holy Rosary sets aside Conference Week to focus on communicating and celebrating the academic progress of our students. We value this opportunity for communication between our families and teachers. The schedule provides numerous time slots from morning to evening, so we are confident that you will find a time within the conference window to suit your schedule. Those families with more than one student may want to log in as soon as the link goes ‘live’ to schedule siblings’ conferences close together. Remember the Book Fair will be open in the Library during Conference hours. This is a wonderful place for your school-age children to wait while siblings are attending their conferences.
Book Fairs and Student Parent Teacher Conferences combine to create a wonderful few days to share the excitement and wonder found in reading and communicating. The book fair will be set up on Wednesday afternoon, November 19 and close after school on Monday, December 1. At this time, volunteers are needed to help during the fair. This is a recognized fund raising activity for parent commitment hours. Use this link to Signup Genius to volunteer. Thank you.
Thank you for your quick response in returning completed forms to the main office. Remember the deadline is tomorrow, Friday, October 31st. Please contact or with any questions.
The School Commission will have an open meeting on Thursday, November 6, 2014 beginning at 6:00pm. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact .
The Procurement team is looking for 5-7 motivated volunteers to follow up with businesses that regularly donate to Holy Rosary School. These businesses will have already received a procurement letter prior to your visits/calls. Each volunteer will be assigned a specific area such as Alki, Admiral, Morgan, Junction and Fauntleroy. This job starts slowly in mid-November and wraps up by mid-January.
This is a great and flexible way to earn fundraising hours!
The Tree Lot Committee is in full planning swing for another successful year!
The suggested class volunteer shift days will be:
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for the sign up link soon.
Holiday Cheer! There will be a kick off event on Friday December 5th at 6pm in Lanigan gym.
Sponsor The Tree Lot!
The Christmas Tree lot has been Bringing a Little Christmas Cheer to Everyone for 25 years. If you or your business would like to offset the cost of the tree lot by becoming a sponsor, please contact the .
We are currently at $136,000 in pledges and 60% parent participation.
- Pledged - $136,000
- Paid - 55,138
- Number participants - 198
- Staff members - 24
No amount is too small! Your participation is important.
The goal for the annual fund this year is $200,000. Donations will be allocated the following way:
- $75,000 for curriculum
- $25,000 for buildings and grounds
- $30,000 for salary funding
- $25,000 for financial aid
- $20,000 for utilities
- $25,000 for technology
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. If you made a donation to the Annual, Centennial or Endowment fund please consider checking with your HR department to see if your employer will match your donations. Here is a list of companies (PDF) to help you and a matching guide (PDF).
After submitting for a corporate Match to Holy Rosary School, please notify .
The Application for Tuition Assistance for the 2015-16 School Year will be available on-line on November 3, 2014. Please follow these instructions and note that in addition to submitting an application on-line to Fulcrum, paper copies of the completed application must be delivered to Rufina at Holy Rosary School by January 20, 2015.
Online Application Procedure
- Be sure your computer is connected to a working printer. You can test this by pressing the print button below and printing these instructions for future reference.
- Make a copy of page 1 and 2 of your 2013 Federal IRS 1040, 1040A, or E-file printout for the financially responsible parent(s) or guardian(s). Note: 2013 W-2 forms are not acceptable. Do not send originals. If you do not have 1040 documentation, have your school principal approve a letter of special circumstances (see Part D-3 of the application). Be sure to sign your tax forms. This is often overlooked, especially with E-filing. Fulcrum will not accept un-signed forms.
- If you have Non-Taxable Income (Part C-3), copy the applicable documents such as 1099, federal or state aid, alimony or child support.
- Under ‘School,’ select Holy Rosary, Seattle and enter your information in Part A to D. A printout is produced at the end of the submission process. If you discover an error after submission, submit a new application and destroy the incorrect printout. Please do not enter names in ALL CAPS.
- Sign the online printout in Part E.
- Staple the signed application, in front of copies of the financial documents from step 2 and 3.
- Make a copy for your records, if desired. Copies will not be returned by the Fulcrum Foundation.
- Deliver or mail the complete application package to Rufina at Holy Rosary School by January 20, 2015.
- If you have students in both elementary and high school, you will need to complete the elementary (K-8) and high school (9-12) application forms. These grants are awarded separately by the Fulcrum Foundation.
* Fulcrum does not accept handwritten applications. If you need help completing the application or you have questions, ask Rufina Miller to assist you. She may be contacted at (206) 937-1488, ext. 211 or email: [email protected] Thank you.
Friends & Family Enjoy 30% Off
Starting Monday, November 3rd through November 11th take advantage of Lands’ End’s Friends & Family 30% Off on school uniforms.
Enter the Promotion Code: FAMILY and PIN: 1800
Links & Downloads
Note: For other school forms and downloads, please check the Forms and Downloads page .